Friday, January 21, 2011

Origins "Out of Trouble Face Mask

Origins is one of my favorite skin care lines not only because of the natural earth friendly ingredients but because they cater equally well to every type of skin with a variety of great smelling and effective products. The Out of Trouble mask is something I have been using since my teen years when my skin would break out. I started taking care of my skin very young (about 12) and this was one of my favorite products back then too. Basically this mask only has to be left on for ten minutes and is proven to "rapidly respond to problem skin’s plight with a three-part plan - sop up oily-shine, slough off sticky, dead cells, and sweep away irksome debris." The texture is a little grainy but smoothes well onto the skin. 
Personally I like to use it as a spot treatment but am also able to use it as a mask for my combination skin. It doesn't leave your skin feeling parched and dry like some other masks, just refreshed and squeaky clean. The ingredients include Camphor to help heal acne you may already have and Zinc-Oxide to absorb oil and prevent more acne. Somedays if I wake up with a pimple I just smear a little on and after ten minutes it's almost entirely disappeared! It should be noted that while this product does seem aimed at acne treatment, it is also just a great pore cleansing mask that exfoliates deeply. The Out of Trouble Mask is priced at $21, a little pricey for some, but it lasts forever and is absolutely worth it. I think that the ingredients are naturally effective enough that it makes a great alternative to harsh products like Clean and Clear or Proactive. All in all a perfect and reliable "favorite face mask" 

No comments:

Post a Comment